Being passionate about digitalization & sustainability!
“Sucess always comes when preparation meets opportunity.” - Hartman
Since 2009, I am working for the Research Center Finance & Information Management (FIM) and the Project Group Business and Information Systems Engineering of the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT). Currently, I am deputy academic director. Furhtermore, I am professor for digitalization & information management at the University of Applied Sciences Kempten.
During my career, I have been granted several national and also international applied research projects with a volume of over 2 million Euros for my organizations. Besides publicly funded research projects, my team and I support companies in meeting the challenges of digitalization and sustainability. In particular, we use data-based analyses to evaluate new, sustainable business models.
Exemplary projects are:
- ODH@SIZ (funded by IuK Bayern):
- Development of intelligent algorithms for the prognosis of charging traffic at large scale charging stations
- Development of price models and design of incentives for the flexibilization of loading processes
- ODH@Bochum-Weitmar (funded by progress.NRW):
- Data-driven evaluation of resident-centered business models for the use of local, green electricity
- Creation of acceptance and attractiveness in the district by integrating the resident’s needs
- German OEM:
- Evaluation of chances and risks of home energy management systems in the context of e-mobility
- Service Municipal:
- Data-driven segmentation of car-sharing customers
Acting as a think tank, we develop innovative concepts and solutions for your complex and individual problems. Our academic background enables us to apply and refine the latest scientific findings and methods in our projects. As a result, we obtain unique results that allow companies to differentiate themself in the market and generate competitive advantages.
Besides my topics at the University of Applied Sciences Kempten, the Research Center FIM and the Project Group Business and Information Systems Engineering of the Fraunhofer Institute FIT also offer holistic solutions at the interface of financial management, information management, and business and information systems engineering. We focus on the following principles: innovation, customer-centricity, interdisciplinarity, sustainability, and value-based management.