Being passionate about data-driven, sustainable mobility!
“Sucess always comes when preparation meets opportunity.” - Hartman
Besides my role as a professor for digitalization & information management at the University of Applied Sciences Kempten, I am am working for the Research Center Finance & Information Management (FIM), the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT), and the Institute for Sustainable and Innovative Tourism (INIT).
My team have been granted several applied research projects with a volume of over 3 million Euros for my organizations. Besides publicly funded research projects, my team and I support companies in meeting the challenges of digitalization and sustainability. In particular, we use data-based analyses to evaluate new, sustainable business models.
Exemplary projects are:
- ODH@SIZ (2019-2022, funded by IuK Bayern of the Bavarian Ministry for Economic Affairs)
- Development of intelligent algorithms for the prognosis of charging traffic at large scale charging stations
- Development of price models and design of incentives for the flexibilization of loading processes
- FEB-NAFV (2021-2024, funded by mFUND of the German Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport)
- Analysis and prognosis of near-real-time visitor data for visitor management
- Development of a bus-based mobility service to reduce individual motorized mobility at highly crowded points of interest
- Electric Mobility in rural regions (2022, comissioned by the German Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union)
- Identification of risks and opportunities for the ramp-up of electric cars in rural areas
- Examination of charging scenarios against the background of possible CO2 savings