Being passionate about visitor management and smart mobility!
“Sucess always comes when preparation meets opportunity.” - Hartman
Besides my role as a professor for digitalization & information management at the University of Applied Sciences Kempten, I am am working for the FIM Research Center for Information Management (FIM), the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT), and the Institute for Sustainable and Innovative Tourism (INIT).
My team have been granted several applied research projects with a volume of over 3 million Euros for my organizations. Besides publicly funded research projects, my team and I support companies in meeting the challenges of digitalization and sustainability. In particular, we use data-based analyses to evaluate new, sustainable business models.
Exemplary projects are:
- ODH@SIZ (2019-2022, funded by IuK Bayern of the Bavarian Ministry for Economic Affairs)
- Development of intelligent algorithms for the prognosis of charging traffic at large scale charging stations
- Development of price models and design of incentives for the flexibilization of loading processes
- FEB-NAFV (2021-2024, funded by mFUND of the German Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport)
- Analysis and prognosis of near-real-time visitor data for visitor management
- Development of a bus-based mobility service to reduce individual motorized mobility at highly crowded points of interest
- Electric Mobility in rural regions (2022, comissioned by the German Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union)
- Identification of risks and opportunities for the ramp-up of electric cars in rural areas
- Examination of charging scenarios against the background of possible CO2 savings
- POKITE (2023-2024, comissioned by the Bavarian Center for Tourism)
- assess the feasibility of using AI and existing data to create new metrics for measuring the tourism-induced life satisfaction of the local population and its impact on social sustainability
- supporting a shift towards sustainable tourism, simplifying decision-making, and enabling proactive measures through AI-based trend monitoring